Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday is now Officially Red


Are you getting up before the dawn to make it to the mall to get the deals that will make your Christmas bright? Not me. I’m staying in bed. However, I feel your sense of urgency and in an effort to assist you with your shopping may I provide a soundtrack?

Here's my favorite song about Christmas shopping. It's by the The Ambassador Chorale and Players, a group of session singers who recorded under a bunch of different names for cheap record labels during the 1960's. Now, keep your head low, elbows out and go shop!:

Christmas Rush- The Ambassador Chorale and Players


While this song is not about shopping, it does have the manic energy needed to navigate your way through the aisles and smiles(?) of your fellow shoppers. From the year 1950, it’s the always fun and giddy Andrews Sisters who also made some real swell Christmas records with Bing Crosby. The song fits in with my last post about Jingle Bells as without that song there would be no:

Jing-A-Ling, Jing-A-Ling - The Andrews Sisters with the Quincy Jones Orchestra

Now, have fun, shop safe...and buy me a toy (that’s what my boys always say).

No comments: